Cleaning carpets is a little bit complicated but cleaning the carpets on stairs is more complicated. So, here we’ll provide you with expert advice to help you clean the carpets on the stairs that’ll make your home a clean place.
Dirty carpets on stairs will not only make your home an unhealthy place but also give a bad impression on the visitors to your home. There are many options to get your stair carpets cleaned! Let’s discover the best way to clean carpet on stairs.
Why Cleaning Carpet on Stairs Is Crucial?
Uncleaned carpets are one of the most dirty places in our homes. Dirty sneakers, pets dirt, and air pollution lying on carpets day by day make the carpets the most unhygienic stuff. This dirt can lead to health, oxygen, asthma issues, and even lung cancers. These dirty carpets will not only harm your health but also damage the carpet’s fabric.
In light of recent research, continuously uncleaned carpets are 4000 times dirtier than the seats of our bathrooms. So why take so much risk? Get your instruments now and let’s make your home a perfect healthier residence. Cleaning flat carpets is an easy task but when it comes to carpets on stairs then it is not an easy nut to crack. See these best possible ways.
4 Best Ways to Clean Carpet on Stairs
Now you are well educated about the cleaning of carpets on stairs, but how? Let us give you some techniques on how you can get rid of dirty stained carpets on stairs.
Using Vacuum Cleaner
Cleaning dirty carpets with a vacuum cleaner is the most common and cheapest option too. But how can we clean those hard nuts on the stairs (meaning carpets)? Let’s find out!
- Remove all the stuff from the carpets on the stairs including the kids.
- A cordless model vacuum cleaner is a perfect fit for carpet cleaning on stairs.
- Don’t worry, If you have a simple vacuum cleaner then arm it with instruments like a small head and brush roller
- Sprinkle a spoon of baking soda on the carpet for deodorizing before vacuuming.
- Start vacuuming from the upstairs then come to the bottom. Ensure to vacuum each step for 2-3 minutes for deep cleaning
- By following these steps you can clean our stair carpets thoroughly with a vacuum cleaner.
Using Carpet Cleaning Shampoo
Still not any effective result after using a vacuum cleaner! Then you need to buy a carpet cleaning shampoo to get your job done. Here are the simple steps:
- Vacuum your carpet to make sure there will be no dirt or debris that will make the process more easy
- After Purchasing, mix the shampoo according to instructions.
- Use that mixed shampoo on each step individually and carefully.
- Let it soak for 15 minutes, So the shampoo lays down inside each fabric carpet.
- After waiting for 15 minutes scrub the shampoo with the help of a brush or sponge. It’ll make sure that no dirt and stains are left on the carpet.
- After scrubbing, it’s time to remove the shampoo with the help of water.
- After removing the shampoo, dry your carpet with any towel or cloth and make it absorb by standing on it.
Using White Vinegar
White vinegar is a good and cheaper alternative to carpet cleaning shampoo and other methods. White vinegar works perfectly on the fabric of the carpet. You can also use it to clean your carpet on stairs. Here are the simple steps:
- Get a full cup of water with half a cup of white vinegar and mix them.
- After mixing them, pour them into a large spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on each step of the stairs.
- After spraying rub the solution with the help of a towel or any cloth to make sure it goes deep into the fabric
- Then remove the solution with water and let it dry for some hours before using stairs.
Using a Carpet Cleaning Machine
In some cases, even a vacuum and shampoo can’t clean the carpet on stairs, the reason is that these carpets are left unclean for a long period, and getting rid of dirt and stains on these carpets is complicated.
The solution to this problem is a cleaning machine that can be available in online stores or they will be found with carpet cleaning companies. You can get your carpets cleaned by calling those companies which is an affordable way, but in any case, you want to purchase this machine. Here are the steps to the usage of a carpet cleaning machine:
- Like the previous steps, prepare the area by removing stuff before cleaning.
- Remove the observable dirt and strains using a vacuum cleaner, so it’ll give better results.
- Prepare the vacuum cleaner machine by attaching a hot water drum and other solutions given in product instructions
- After vacuuming and preparing the machine, begin the cleaning by removing rugs and strains left by feet or pets.
- Push the trigger to start the machine, then move forward and backward over the carpet, it will excess water on it
- After pushing and squeezing the water; Get a brush and move it in a circular motion. In this way, the water will be removed and help with better cleaning.
- Let the wet carpet dry for a few hours before walking on it.
Read more: How to remove stains from carpet?
Cleaning the carpets of stairs is a very important task, and it should be done properly twice a week. It is a matter of your health and hygiene, So let’s hope that you will choose the best way to clean carpet on stairs. With these mentioned methods, it will not be a difficult task to do.